White Collar Defense Diversity Scholarship: 2016
WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS THROUGH EMAIL: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
- ALL INQUIRIES ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP MUST BE SUBMITTED BY EMAIL TO SCHOLARSHIPS@WHITECOLLARATTORNEY.NET
- We will respond to your inquiry within 48 hours
- ALL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP IS ON THIS WEBPAGE. PLEASE READ IT BEFORE SUBMITTING A QUESTION
- WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING INQUIRIES BY PHONE — PLEASE SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS BY EMAIL.
‘The attorneys at our firm are offering this annual $500 scholarship to African American and Hispanic students from single-mother homes who are committed to pursuing a quality education and who have a demonstrated ability for overcoming adversity and challenges related to their backgrounds.
Criteria for eligibility and selection:
- The scholarship program is open to all African American and Hispanic undergraduate, and law school students as well as incoming college freshmen.
- The candidate must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated financial need.
The White Collar Criminal Defense Scholarship program welcomes all students who meet the above criteria to apply. Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- A completed application, which includes the requirements below and filling out the application cover sheet (opens PDF in new tab).
- A 1,000-word essay describing the applicant’s personal situation as a minority with a single mother, the impact that it has had on their life, and how they have overcome those challenges. Applicants should also address their college, law school and/or career plans and how this scholarship will help him/her achieve those plans.
- A current, unofficial academic transcript from the applicant’s school.
- 1 Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, principal, school administrator, work supervisor or a member of the clergy who has known the applicant at least 3 years or more and can speak to why the applicant deserves this scholarship.
Application deadline and instructions:
To be considered eligible, interested applicants must submit a completed application along with the previously listed requirements via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 1, 2016. The scholarship winner will be notified over the fall.
Scholarship Email Submission Instructions:
- Subject Line Must Read: [Applicant Name] – [Scholarship Name]
- Attachments: The scholarship must be submitted in one email with all of the following: Cover Sheet, Essay, Unofficial Transcript, and Letter of Recommendation.
Applications submitted after 5/3/16 that do not follow the format above will not be considered.
For questions or email applications, please send to: email@example.com
Learn more about our past winners here!